Kelly C. Morgan
In 2000, Kelly C. Morgan graduated cum laude in three years with a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resource Management from the West Virginia University College of Business and Economics. She then graduated in 2003 from the West Virginia University College of Law at the age of 23 and was a member of the Marlyn E. Lugar Trial Association. While in school, she was a piccolo player for four years in the “Pride of West Virginia” West Virginia University Marching Band.
Since graduating from law school, Kelly has focused her law practice primarily in the areas of general litigation and insurance defense. From 2004 to 2006, she was associated with the law firm of McQueen, Harmon & Murphy, LC, in Charleston, where she was involved in general defense practice consisting primarily of insurance defense and premises liability for a national retailer.
In 2006, she became associated with the law firm of Bailey & Wyant, PLLC. She currently engages in general and insurance defense litigation in the areas of labor & employment, government liability, product liability, personal injury, deliberate intent, construction, medical malpractice and general negligence. She regularly represents businesses, the State Board of Education, county boards of education, and a variety of other state agencies and political subdivisions.
Kelly is a native of Charleston, West Virginia. She grew up working in her family’s construction business, Welding, Inc., where she learned to handle multiple office responsibilities and the operation of a small business. Kelly C. Morgan is a Member of Bailey & Wyant, PLLC’s Charleston office.
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Sturm v. Bd. of Education, 223 W.Va. 277 (2008)
- Redman v. South Branch Career & Tech. Center, 2013 W.Va. LEXIS 966 (2013)
- Kostenko v. W.Va. Offices of the Ins. Commissioner, 2013 W.Va. LEXIS 1445 (2013)
- Kostenko v. W.Va. Offices of the Ins. Commissioner, 2015 W.Va. LEXIS 73 (2015)
- Kostenko v. W.Va. Offices of the Ins. Commissioner, 2015 W.Va. LEXIS 78 (2015)